Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ABS November Challenge

Thanks to our computer woes and house issues, I barely got this finished in time for the November challenge. I bought some really nice adjustable ring blanks from The Perfect Bead a couple weeks ago. I bought them with the intention of making some faux stone cabachons like these beads.
Faux stone experiments
But after reading about the coffee inspired challenge I had a lightbulb moment! I had just days before looked at some dark brown mica powder and wondered what I would ever do with it, but once again put the powder back on the drawer with no ideas. The ABS challenge inspired me to make "cappuccino quartz"!
ring
I am very pleased with it. It was a devil to photograph though. I could not get the colors exactly accurate. The stone came out so rich and chocolatey brown. It's much richer brown in person. The mica powders sparkle and make the ring really fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love that, and I'm suddenly craving a cuppa. :D

Cindy said...

I am SUCH a dork. When the picture (of the beads) loaded, my very first thought was that it was a picture of tater tots, lmao!!!

Love the ring, girlie!