Sunday, June 04, 2006

Clay on canvas

I had an idea for a wall hanging for my daughter's room. I painted a canvas pink, added glitter, and then created clay flowers and a dragonfly. I really like the way it turned out.

Clay on canvas

It still needs something. I can't decide what. Originally I planned on a black & white stripe clay border....along the outer edge. I've sinced changed my mind. I may paint some white clouds. I also thought about a swirly stamp along the edges. But I just can't decide.

This was my "prototype". I have several ideas for similar wall hangings. I love building flower canes, but hate having to choose a color for the outer/negative space. This canvas idea is great for me. I can make oodles of petal canes and not have to commit to background color. Plus I like the 3D look. They don't have to be flat like cane slices.

Oh...the dragonfly! Was my first TLS experiment. What FUN that stuff is!! I bought a bunch of pre-colored TLS from a fellow clayer. I've been playing around with the colors making sets of wings. Fun fun fun!!

Now I need to hit the craft store for more canvas. Wheeeee!!

No comments: