Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Switching Gears - COUPONS!

This crafty blog has been vacant a long time! Did not realize how long. *color me sheepish*
My creative juices have been sucked from my body. Most unwillingly. I get zero enjoyment, and mostly frustration, in the happy room these days. :( So it's now..
The coupon room.

Today was my 1st grocery trip with shoebox and notepad in hand. Oh.My.Lands. I'm not a patient person on a good day. I want to have a small 3x5 list, my kid, purse, and get it done as quickly as possible.

That is sooo not the coupon shoppers way!

I'm sure the pros are well-oiled machines. But best case scenario...I like my way better! :)

Today @ Crest on NW 23rd I found:

3 pair flip flops @ Crest for .99/EA. Tongue out to you, Old Navy, I won't be braving crowds for your shoes this weekend. :)
Wheat Thins Stix for .74/EA with coupon.
Dawn dish soap .49 wc
3 Tony's mini pizza .91ea wb
New York toast $1.50 w peelie on box
6 Hamburger Helpers $1ea wc

Nothing earth shattering, but it's a start I guess.

1 comment:

Angela M. said...

I'm only so-so on Crest. Have found some good deals there, but I generally do better at Aldi (great produce deals) or Homeland (yay for double coupons). Good luck with your couponing endeavors... it's a whole different way of shopping. But once you get your own system figured out, it can be kinda fun to realize just how much you're saving.