Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am looking for these bowls

Because Mom was still living here when we moved back in, we decided to use her kitchen things that were already in place. Which includes these cute little face bowls.
In search of

The girls and I eat our malt-o-meal in them almost everyday of the world. Mom said they came from ABC a long time ago. I wanted to buy another set for the day when our households separate again. But I never pursued it.
Then yesterday...insert eye roll....I dropped the pink bowl and broke it. (Luckily Emily wasn't as upset as I thought she'd be. We each have designated colors. Change upsets Miss Monk, Jr.)

So I got to googling them yesterday (they read "Livingware collection" on the bottom) and I can't find them ANYWHERE! Have you ever seen them? I'm afraid it's a lost cause unless I stumble onto some in a thrift store someday.
I thought it wouldn't hurt to enlist the help of my internet friends. You never know! :)

14 comments:

Allison said...

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1049852 (looks like they lost one, too, but I see your pink one)

Gina said...

http://www.levtovinternational.com/index2.htm

Looks like they may distribute them. Head to the bottom. They have cute things to go with the bowls too. :)

Gina said...

2 here, 3 of each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-SMILEY-HAPPY-FACE-CHILLY-CEREAL-BOWLS-HEARTS-of-LOVE_W0QQitemZ370170164819QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090309?IMSfp=TL090309129005r9898

Christie said...

Thank you SO MUCH, you two, for taking the time to look! Why couldn't I find those??
I've never heard of ecrater, but I DID look on ebay. :)

Lotus Charms said...

You're gonna have a heart attack when I tell you that here in my South Texas town they would sell them with the soup mugs for a dollar each. They dont have them anymore I think. :P

Christie said...

Lotus Charms, are you serious? LOL! Is it anywhere near Conroe, TX? B/c I still have friends/relatives there that I could ask to go shopping for me!

Lotus Charms said...

No...it's on the border with Mexico. Sorry. It's a local store called Eagle Warehouse. BTW it's me Silvia, I dont think you remember me. I just started my blog site that's why the new name. Hope you stop by once in a while :P

artbyhandz said...

Gosh, I was looking for those too, need a new entire set, there's only two left. Let me know if you find anything, I will let you know either if I find (^_<)

Mindy said...

I came across your blog because I too, just shattered our pink "happy face" bowl. Off to search the internets (using the great links posted by your readers) for a replacement. Did you end up getting a pink one?

J. said...

I'm looking for the cups/mugs to match the bowls, help anyone?

J. said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-4-Livingware-Collection-Funny-Face-Bowls-MINT_W0QQitemZ380157004885QQcategoryZ592QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBINQQcmdZViewItem

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have the same bowls and 8 (2 separate sets of 4 mugs) different mugs from the same company!! I did purchase the 2 mug sets and bowls at different times. One of the mugs sets however, I purchased at an Urban Outfitters in Downtown Manhattan. I actually came across your post because I took one of the mugs to work and a coworker who is engaged thought they were cute and I thought of purchasing a set for her as a bridal shower gift but I also could not find a thing on them!! Thanks to the previous posts though!

cheeeeto said...

I broke my yellow one I cant find another one anywhere

Anonymous said...

Another random reader looking for these. EBay is so expensive!
I found some mini mugs a while back on bonanza, but the shipping killed me. I hope to find more of these bowls.