Thursday, January 01, 2009

Life is a highway

And we drove it back to Oklahoma...

(Edited to add..I originally started this post December 18th, and here I am trying to finish it January 1st, 2009.)

You are not gonna believe this. Well, those of you who have known me long enough will believe this.....we have moved.....AGAIN. :) We are back in our beloved old house in Oklahoma. Aaron's job was downsized in south Texas and we have returned to Oklahoma. Mom is still living here, and we are all cohabiting for the time being. There is never a lack of adventure in our family!

Here is a picture of my favorite ornament on the shortest lived xmas tree ever. We put up the tree one weekend and found out a few days later that Aaron lost his job. The tree was up less than a week. Lovely! (The smore snowman was from my sweet friend, Gina, a few years ago.)

Here's a pic of a WIP I started this a couple days before the layoff. My plan was to make several of these for xmas gifts...didn't happen!!! The neighbor friends...family...all were supposed to receive cute snowmen ornaments for xmas. *sigh* I had to bake the prototype and pack him away before he was finished. The idea was good, I think. An old Kreb's ornament given a new life. Well...next year he'll be given a new life. :)

Anyway. Here it is January 1st. We are busy getting settled into the old/new house again. Aaron is busy busy w/projects around the house. Garrett and Mom have both received new closets in their rooms. The girls' room has been painted 2 shades of purple. The kitchen has received a set of new cabinets.
I've been cleaning non-stop since we got here (December 15th). This place requires a lot more cleaning than the Texas house. My Monk tendencies are going to be the death of me here. :)

Overall things are going well. We are very happy to be back in our house. We missed our house. Here we are in our other house in Texas...just days before the move.

Belated Happy Holidays to you all!

I have had so little computer time this past month that I don't even miss it or crave it anymore. My google reader has 360+ new blog entries and my 2 email inboxes are overflowing...so bear with me if I owe you correspondence. Mmkay? :)

5 comments:

Michael said...

Glad to hear that things are settling down for you again (despite the struggle to keep the Oklahoma house clean (g))!

Happy New Year!

Angela M. said...

Love the round snowman WIP. Glad you're getting settled in -- hopefully things will calm down a little for you guys now!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Happy New Year Christie! Some new years have more change than others, but sometimes they are changes for the better! And hey, if you have to move your kids, what's better than moving them to a place they already know and have friends at!

May this year be filled with joyful times and many successes! You deserve it!

PS. The snowman you were working on is adorable. Next year, him and his friends are going to be a huge hit!

Gina said...

I'm terribly late in wishing you a Happy New Year!

Glad to hear that you're getting settled in. And what an adorable snowman ornament! The marshmallow one is a cutie, too. ;)

LOVE the family photo!! *hugs* xoxo

Kim Cavender said...

You're such a great person! Through all of the stress, you manage to stay positive and cheerful. It's so wonderful to see your beautiful family and Amelia is a doll. May you spend many happy years in Oklahoma!