Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Resin question

Ok, my smart crafty readers...could you please help me with a resin question? I would like to use printed paper clippings. It's from a junk mail letter, actually. So it's laser printed I guess? Do I need to seal the paper before it goes in the resin?

I learned from this video tutorial that you should seal printed images. Does this apply to ALL print? Better safe than sorry?

Also, do I have to use Mod Podge or can I use Elmer's white glue?

Thank you for any help you can give. The all knowing Google isn't helping me so much this time. :)

4 comments:

Libby said...

Unless you want a tranlucent look, you have to seal paper that has printing on both sides or ink that might run.

I've used Krylon clear spray coating to seal paper. Smelly, but quick. I would think Elmers would work as well as Mod Podge, but I have never tried it.

Christie said...

Thanks Libby! I would not have thought about the spray. I like the quick idea! I appreciate your help. :)

A life of Assorted Nuts said...

Modge podge works well.

kristine said...

If you've got a second piece of similar mail, you might try painting some mod podge over the letters and see if they smear. With laser printed, it *shouldn't* but inkjet probably would. I haven't used resin, but I think this test should tell you the same thing :)