Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween rambles


Happy Halloween to you! BOO! LOL!
I just adore Halloween. It's never been an evil holiday to me. It's always been about the fun of dressing up, and the CANDY, and the kiddie spirit of it all. Holidays (and any situation really) are what you make them, ya know? ANYWAY! :)
We have a fun evening planned. All 3 kiddos are jazzed about dressing up and trick or treating. We live in a semi-secluded small neighborhood, so the kids can go door to door with ease and safety. Garrett is attending his first Halloween party just 3 doors down at his friend's house. And we will enjoy family time sitting in our driveway, handing out candy to the kids and watching all the neighborhood festivities.

Miss Amelia went for a 2 month old checkup yesterday. Poor pumpkin had to get 3 shots. :( But she weighed in at 10 lbs and 23" tall! She's had a LOT of fussiness and unhappiness lately. I feared it was reflux or something similar, but the DR thinks it's colic. (joy!) So we'll ride it out the best we can. Right now though...she's sleeping IN HER BED and has been doing so for almost 3 hours now! This is HUGE news. She's been refusing to sleep lying down for weeks now. She does all her sleeping in her swing. I hope it's not a fluke. Hopefully she can relearn to sleep lying down soon.

I found a new use for alcohol ink today! I diluted some color in a little rubbing alcohol, and used it to dye the white elastic straps on Lydia's butterfly fairy wings. Now they will blend better with her cute purple costume. :)

Well, I'm out of here for now. I want a cuppa coffee before Amelia wakes up. I'm looking forward to much super shock tonite! I hope you enjoy the holiday and all it's sugariness, too! ;)

No comments: