Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike Ike Bo Bike

We are preparing for our 1st hurricane. Growing up in tornado hell makes us not too uptight about super strong winds and torrential rain though. :) And our city is in the evacuate-TO zone, so that makes us rest a little easier too. Still...we may well lose electricity this weekend so Aaron is at the store picking up a few things.

In other non-crafty life news: Amelia is doing well. She's reached a fussy phase unfortunately, but it comes and goes. Gas bubbles and over-eating/under-eating are mostly to blame I think. I wish the camera still worked...I'd love to bore you with a dozen new pictures a day. :) I'll have to settle for a video of the older girls being little Mommies. Lydia was fresh up from a long nap. Her hairdo is funny! But she was being such a sweetie I had to tape it. Unfortunately I missed her rocking and singing to the baby just before. I hope you can hear her ok. I forgot to turn off the noisy oscillating fan. :o\


Speaking of the camera....I'm comparison shopping digicams. The Canon Powershots to be specific. Do any of you have a Powershot? I'd really love to hear any feedback on these cameras. I'm reading good things about several of the SD's and the A's. I'm looking for something less than $300 that will take good macro shots of my clay things as well as be a good point and shoot for family stuff. But I've read so many reviews I'm totally confused.

Well, it's been a few hours since I started this post. Aaron had to go to several different stores to get groceries. Most everything is sold out. He just went back to w@lm@rt at 10pm b/c they promised a new shipment of bread by 10. Every store in the area was out of bread earlier!
We are stocked up on water, non-perishable foods, a gas powered camping grill (in case we can't use the charcoal grill due to weather), we have a new manual can opener, a new corkscrew, and 2 new bottles of red wine for Mom. I'd say he did a good job covering all the important bases. LOL! Please keep a good thought for us this weekend. Let's hope IF the power goes out it's only for a short period of time!

6 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Oh Christie...so darling. Lydia is so precise when she lays that blanket down!
I'm listening to the Today show right now and they're talking about not evacuating Houston...I thought of you right away and will be thinking of you this weekend.
You could do a little video of the baby, too, you know!
Be safe and come back and tell us all about it soon.

Nesiejean said...

OMG! They are so precious!

Stay safe. Hopefully Ike will spare your electricity.

Michael said...

Aw, such sweeties! And it looks like they're almost ready to take over some of the diaper changing. ;o)

I'll definitely keep your family in my thoughts this weekend! Good luck!

Christie said...

Thanks Susan, Nesiejean, and Michael. I think they are pretty sweet too...but of course I'm biased. :)

Susan, I'd LOVE to watch Today! They've had nothing but local coverage on all the network channels for 2 days now.
But yes, the majority of Houston is staying put. And we're in Montgomery which is 50 miles northwest, so we're safe. But! They are still forecasting 75mph winds here. OY!

I'll probably video the storm too. From the safety of my sofa that is. LOL!

Susan Turney said...

Hi Christie,
I've been thinking about you all last night and today. I wish I'd read your reply before now!!! :)
But...please post as soon as you're able to just to reconfirm everything is okay!!!

Gina said...

Adorable. You have cuteness from wall to wall in your home. :)

I am here checking in to see if all is ok with you and the family. Pop in when you can!