Saturday, August 30, 2008

Amelia ANNE


Amelia Jane
Originally uploaded by ~ChristieToo
Edited Sunday a.m. now that my brain is awake. Her middle name is Anne. ANNE. Holy cow...middle of the nite last nite it occurred to me I blogged the wrong middle name. LOL!!!!! Ok, on to the original post:

We all made it back home about 5:30PM today. All of us including our newest family member, Miss Amelia Anne. (Poor girl didn't officially get a name until lunchtime today. LOL!)

Long story short (b/c I am so darn tired):
Labor and delivery went very well and quickly. Not quite as quickly as everyone expected, but as quickly as with Lydia. I had fantastic hospital staff taking care of me. Unfortunately the nursery staff was very hit-and-miss. I don't think I'd recommend this hospital to anyone I like, but that's a story for another day. :)

Amelia is doing wonderfully and currently sleeping soundly in her bed. She's such a sweetie pie. She's officially our tiniest and shortest baby. But she's got huge feet! LOL!

You can click on the picture to see a few more pics at flickr. These are the pics from my Mom's camera. (remember, our camera is dead) When I get copies of Granny's pictures I'll add more.

All the kids adore Amelia. Lydia is the most smitten and wants to hold and mother and love on her constantly. She even gets pissy when she can't. Hopefully once everyone gets rested and into a routine the emotions will settle down around here.

Of course, if this damn hurricane moves westward we might have to pack up family and retreat to our house in Oklahoma for a few days. I can't even wrap my brain around the hairy hectic mess that would be. OY!! But that decision will come tomorrow I guess.

Anyway....she's here, she's healthy, and we have all fallen in love all over again.

16 comments:

Susanna said...

Congratulations! She is perfect!

Cindy said...

This post and all the pictures made me all ooshy and teary! Congratulations! She is lovely. You are so blessed.

((((hugs))))

angelagoat said...

Congrats, Christie -- she's absolutely beautiful! What a time to have to consider evacuating, though. Sending lots of wishes for safety your way!

Gaile said...

Congratulations, Christie! She's beautiful. I hope you won't have to evacuate, can't even imagine what that would be like.

Much love to you and all your family, especially the newest member.

Susan Turney said...

Congratulations Christie! She is so beautiful....fits right in with the others. Wonderful pics at flickr!
I so hope you don't have to evacuate..it looks pretty scary right now.

Gina said...

Oh my .. she is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Welcome to the world, little Amelia. :)

Lisa Clarke said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful, and I love her name - we considered Amelia Ann for our first (but it never would have worked since he was a he, LOL!)

I hope you can stay put, and the storm misses you!

Michael said...

Congratulations on your sweet new baby!

I hope the storm stays away from you!

Shoozles said...

Welcome to the world beautiful girl.
take care of your self Christie- thinking of you

M

Tina said...

Congratulations!!

Nesiejean said...

How beautiful! Welcome Amelia Anne! You certainly are one lucky girl to have been born into this wonderful family!

Amanda said...

Aww, what a beautiful baby! Congratulations!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations on another beautiful and healthy baby!!

I have not read your blog in SO long... I somehow lost you (Gina, too! Where IS she??) :o(... so I've been catching up for an hour now! (And have you bookmarked!)

Karen Tremblay said...

Congrats, she's so beautiful! :D

Just me.....Shelly said...

Oh hello there! THANK YOU for visiting my blog!! And congrats your your new little addition, whatta dolly! Sweet, sweet!

I see I have another DMB lover--YAY! I love love LOVE davers! so sad about leroi, huh? Very tragic loss.

Hope you stop back again soon!!!!

xoxoshelly

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Congratulations Christie!! She is so beautiful! Much love to you, your baby and the whole family!!