Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Shark tooth necklace

Yesterday afternoon I made Garrett's shark tooth necklace. He picked 3 favorite teeth from the bag of found beach goodies. Two of them had really wonky "gum lines" that I wasn't looking forward to wire wrapping. The largest one had NO gumline, but it wirewrapped quite well so we decided to just use the one.


I made 2 pair of experiment beads that were supposed to go with that found beach treasure look. Garrett liked both pair so we used them all.
I also used some free buna cord I received from IB Moore. (thanks to a blog post from Heather Powers. Thanks Heather!) I didn't have any cord findings, so I made some wrapped end loops courtesty of this tutorial. I doubled up on the wrapping both for strength and for that manly-boy look. :)
Garrett's necklace

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

So cool, Christie! He looks so proud. And, man, does he look like your husband. I hope you're feeling good!!!! And enjoying Texas!

Gina said...

You did a great job!! And GP is getting so big. Oh my gosh!!

P.S. Did you get the email I sent you? With my wonky connection I don't know if it went through.

Mei said...

This is a cool necklace for the handsome boy. Great design and idea.