Wednesday, April 02, 2008

40" inseam?

I can not possibly comprehend standing at 6'6" tall. I *grew up* to be a whopping 5'2". And until I had my 2nd baby I pretty much maintained my ballet dancer size. So all my clothing problems revolved around pants being too long and all the *grown up* shoes being 3 sizes too big. It wasn't until marrying Aaron that I caught a glimpse of life on the other end of the size spectrum.

The man needs jeans with a 40 inch inseam! Have you ever shopped for 40" inseam jeans?! From what we have found they are almost a figment of a wild imagination. Shopping "big & tall" is a joke. That's code word for fat guy clothes. I've spent the last 3 hours surfing for Aaron some jeans. So far no luck. Well, no luck finding anything NEW.

From what he's found there are 2 brands of jeans that make a 40" length. Wrangler and Cinch. Right now he wears Cinch jeans. As you can see they are sold as cowboy jeans. Since boot wearing fellows like their jeans to stack up at the bottom these jeans work well for Aaron. Only his don't stack...they just rest nicely atop his tennis shoes and don't high-water. :) Cinch jeans don't look as cowboy-ish as Wranglers. We don't do cowboy. :)

By any chance do you know of another brand of freakishly long jeans? I wonder where Michael Jordan shops? HA!! I'm sure his closet is full of specialty made pants. Aside from his underwear I don't think we can afford his clothes. :)

4 comments:

Ann Staub said...

Try Luck Brand http://www.luckybrandjeans.com/default.aspx
can be $$$.

Anonymous said...

this blog maybe of help.
http://tallguystyle.com/category/jeans/

Christie said...

Thank you both for the links! I appreciate it. Unfortunately Lucky's tall jeans are 37" and I didn't find anything over 38" on the blog. But it was worth a try! I really appreciate the feedback. :)

Leucantha` said...

I've been lurking on your site, I think I found it searching for polymer clay blogs. I love the overall design of your blog. I don't know much about the jeans, my dad is 6'3" but he wears wranglers and goes for the cowboy look. It does make me wonder where the sports guys shop though...