Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good doctor

I decided to try a new doctor this time. The doctor who delivered Lydia was a good doctor and I always felt medically safe in his care, but he was simply a grumpy old fart. Nearly every appointment (no joke...all but 2 probably) included him asking me if I wanted to schedule a tubal while I was in the hospital. No matter how many times I told him I wasn't sure I was done, no matter how many times we both told him Aaron was getting the "fixing", he always asked. He was so pushy about getting fixed. I felt like saying, "Dude...they aren't welfare babies. Get off my back!"
ANYWAY. This time I chose a lady doctor right across the hallway from Grumpy. And she turned out to be wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I was instantly comfortable with her and totally at ease.

She did a quick ultrasound, and that's always fun. We got to see the little bean's heart beating. Aw! And we saw that it did NOT have a roommate. WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! :)

She also gave me some meds for my out of control anger issues. (It's basically prozac for preggos.) She explained that my progesterone levels are extremely high right now and it's OK that I'm a maniac. But she also understood that I've been totally miserable and that is NOT ok.

She's just very accommodating and sweet. But also seems to be a smart cookie who knows her stuff. So I am just 110% happy with her. Yay! I just wanted to share that.

P.S. Today makes 10 days since I've been in the Happy Room. I hope the meds start working soon and this funk passes. I miss creating. I have been adding a few sketches to my idea book though. So hopefully some of these energy-less ideas will come to life someday.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Glad to hear that you like her. I always have preferred female Dr's. The one time I had to go see someone real quick, and I was new to town, ended up being a guy and he was ah.. and a-hole? LOL Yeah. That's it!

Great news on the bean .. and hope your mood starts getting happy again. :)

xoxo

Kristine said...

congrats on the news, how exciting!

I'm definitely attached to my female doctor, even though my insurance isn't liking her office, I still go to her. :)

Hoola Tallulah said...

Oh I am so glad you found a new doc, the old grump sounds like a royal pain the rear, and I was a maniac too, thinking of you!