Thursday, November 08, 2007

32 is not so hot

So far, being 32 is no fun. Last nite just before bedtime I had what I thought was an allergy attack. Could not stop sneezing, puffy itchy eyes, etc. About an hour later I had the beginnings of a sore throat and achy body. A few hours later, Emily came into our room crying. Her nose was bubbling and she was motioning that her throat was bothering her. I was also miserable feeling so it was a long nite!

And today is my birthday. What a way to start it, huh? Last nite, Aaron & Garrett were out late with Aaron's dad. He was helping his Dad with his airplane. (He bought a slightly wrecked airplane and they have been rebuilding it.) Poppy has recently accepted a new job near Houston and is storing his little plane in our garage until he finds a hanger to rent down there. So last nite they moved the plane into our garage. This is something I didn't agree to. And hope it's a very short term situation. (That airplane, and the stress it has caused is a long story.)

Granny just called. We are going to pick her up at her sister's house. She'll spend the day here hanging out with us. I'm glad she wants to spend the day with us...but I really feel like crap. It's going to take effort to be good company. Luckily Granny is a sweetheart and will understand.
My Mom is coming over after work to take us to dinner. Again, I don't feel like it but I know she really wants to treat. All I ask for on my bday is to not cook or clean up after dinner. :)

Emily seems to be quite happy right now. She obviously feels a lot better than I do. Maybe I need to take some of her kiddie medicine!

5 comments:

red.daisy said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

Cindy said...

Awww, I'm sorry you were under the weather on your birthday...and I'm sorry I missed your day, too.

Happy Belated Birthday, Christie! I love ya! XOXOXOX

kc said...

Ahhh Happy Birthday...........Gosh to be 32 again........*sigh*

*melanie* earthenwood studio said...

Sorry you had a crummy birthday. Hope you feel better.

Mine is Nov 8th too!

Gina said...

Hope you're both feeling better. xoxo